Pages

home about contact

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dreaming While Waiting


Here I am, sitting on the sofa at my best friend's house, babysitting her irresistibly cute daughter (who by the way is Kai's girlfriend).  My friend is pregnant and today is the day... the day of the ultrasound and the verdict of whether her daughter will be getting a brother or a sister (or in other words: if Ryder will be getting a play mate or a girlfriend).  While I am sipping a cup of green tea and tapping into my thoughts to write a bit, the suspense is killing me.  My cell phone is right here next to me, but so far, no news.  Time goes by so slowly when you're anticipating news.  Contrary to some of my previous posts, in which I complain that time goes by so fast and I don't have enough of it.  Oh well, I change my mind, so what?

While the little princess is sound asleep, I took the time to make some changes to my blog.  As you may have noticed, I changed the title.  I figured it would make more sense to keep title and URL the same, for the sake of ease.

This morning, I read a post of a friend of mine, whose blog I am following.  She posted her first Vlog (good lord, must have been something ueber-creative who came up with that name) and it made me think.  And no, it didn't hurt this time (the thinking that is).  I loved her vlog, as the thing that she is talking about, is exactly the question that I've been pondering over for the past years.  "What do I want to do with my life?"  

A few years ago, the answer was "I want to be a mom!"  And now that I am, I realize that I was right.  If it was up to me, that would be all I did, being a mom.  However, bills need to be paid, so I still have a part-time job, which I will pick up again in September.  I love being a mom, I love raising my kids (as you can hopefully tell from my stories), I love watching them grow up from infants, to babies, to toddlers, to .... I don't want to think about that yet.  Like I said in my previous post, they sometimes seem to grow up a bit fast...

It's a girl!!! Ryder's girlfriend is in the making!!!  (I just got a text, they're leaving the doc's right now.)  Can't wait to meet the little princess.  I guess I can now get rid of all the boys clothes I had saved up in case it was a boy.  Oh well, Craigslist, here I come.  Maybe a yard sale? Honestly, I have soo many boys clothes, many of which my kids never wore as they just grew out of them in no time (I make big boys who grow fast).

So, back to the thinking...
Now that I am a mom, I started thinking about "What do I want to do when the boyz are in school?  What are my dreams, other than raising 2 awesome, cool, healthy and happy dudes?"  Answer: I don't know (yet).  It's all a bit foggy in my head (like so many other things).  
 A few years ago, I came up with this amazingly cool idea for a show for The Food Network.  I LOVE food. Not just to eat it, but in every possibly way.  Food, drinks, cooking, tasting, creating, love it all!  (Though 'eating' is somewhere very high on that list.)  I've been toying with the idea in my mind, at one point even tried getting it in front of the right people, but never succeeded as we got stuck on the whole "you need a lawyer" statement.  Ugh, I hate that part.  BUT, the idea is still there, nobody has come up with a similar idea yet, I still think it is BRILLIANT!!  Lots of fun, great marketing possibilities, easy to pull some great advertising in for, and absolutely fun to watch.  Without having done any research, I am 99% sure that it would lend itself for some awesome ratings among the Food Network audience.  I have not let go of the idea, nor will I and as soon as the kiddo's are in school and mommy has some more free time on her hands...

Writing is another one of those activities that I am growing to really love.  By no means am I a journalist, nor do I have the skills of one, but I do thoroughly enjoy it.  I would love to do something with it.  What?  Don't know.  But for now, that is no problem.  I don't need to know right now.  Time will tell.  Until then, I am creating some awesome memories for my family by putting these years of motherhood down on paper.  


So, there are certainly ideas and dreams about what I want to do when I grow up.  In the meantime, I am going to continue writing, cooking, eating, drinking, but most importantly enjoying being a mom as it truly is the best job one can have.


signature2

1 comment:

JWild said...

Wow, I could definitely see you on the Food Network, one of my favorite channels!
I totally hear you about writing. I actually miss it terribly from my graduate program.
I think we all wonder what to do with our lives and eventually we find that we've being doing it all along. Or that the answer we've been looking for is staring us in the face.....at least I hope so!

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails