Pages

home about contact

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

25 Day Challenge - Day 8

Go With the Flow
Oh, I much I love, love, love this one.  And oh, how I need to remind myself of this one much more often.  

Today's challenge falls very much in line with the one of Day 4.  Going with the flow and letting go of expectations is a wonderful thing.  I actually managed pretty well today.  As you know by now, it was Dave's b-day, which meant I was flying solo on the whole getting-the-day-and-boys-started part of the day.  Mornings and evenings are always most challenging as both the animals and the boys have needs simultaneously, which, if not met right away, mean the end of the world for as far as they know it.

I've done it before and know very well that it is possible to make it through this part of the day without any obstacles, if I just go with the flow.  And I did this morning.  It did mean that the dishwasher didn't get unpacked, dishes didn't get put away, floor didn't get swiffered, b-fast dishes didn't get done, but...what it did mean was that the animals got fed, the kids got fed, they each got their mommy-and-me time, Ryder got put down for his nap while Kai was occupied and croissants got baked for David's b-day breakfast.  In other words, it all went flawlessly.  Eventually I even got the dishwasher unpacked, but unfortunately the floor didn't get cleaned.  Oh well, the dirt will still be there tomorrow.  Waiting patiently to be removed and everyone will be happy.

The happy ending to a great day.

Tomorrow's challenge:

Finding Clarity
Clarity is more than knowing whether you should choose (a) or (b).  Clarity happens when you turn your mind within and allow it to be still. In stillness, there's clarity - you know exactly what it is that you have to do.

Click here for the pause - think - act element of the challenge.

  signature2

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails