Pages

home about contact

Friday, June 18, 2010

25 Day Challenge - Day 3

The Solution Focus
So, today we are making the choice to see problems as opportunities.  ALLLLLLLLrighty, where do we start?  Well, I guess at 5:20am this morning when both boys decided to rise and shine for the day.  People!  5 friggin' 20!!!  That just ain't right!!  How was I going to see waking up before sunrise as an opportunity?  Huh...  Waking up early = morning nap for Ryder early = early afternoon nap for both boyz = waking up early from nap = being able to make it to the kids' godparents who they absolutely adore.  So there!  Problem turned Opportunity! 


With a husband who is self-employed and me being on 'break' from work for having just had a baby, finances are tight at the moment.  It has forced us to be creative and start thinking about alternative ways of generating income.  Now, whereas all the initiatives that we came up with may take a bit of time to pay off, it has put us in a place of looking for opportunities, rather than focusing on the problem.  I'm not saying that it is easy.  I'm not saying that I am forgetting about where we are.  I'm not saying that I pretend that all is okay.  I am saying that in situations when we are faced with what we consider a problem, we often subconsciously start looking automatically for opportunities of ways out.


This drives home the point that I got to yesterday as well: I think that being conscious of the process is a major thing here.  Be aware.  Think.  Don't just act.  Think before you act.  And think about what we can learn from this situation.  If for no other reason than to learn from the situation and to make sure that this won't happen again.  (For as far as it is in our control.  As I have a suspicion that sometime before the kids go off to college I will be once again be awoken before sunrise.)

Tomorrow's Challenge:

Day 4: From Expectations to Acceptance
Getting on with people is tough, especially when they don't fulfill your expectations!  Instead, if you accept people the way they are without expecting them to be something they're not, you end up less disappointed and frustrated.


Click here for the 'pause - think - act' elements of the challenge.

signature2

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi, great reading your blog

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails