Pages

home about contact

Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 9 (Mother's Day)

As a mother I am every day reminded of the beautiful and gratifying job I have.  Most of the time I truly love being a mother, but occasionally it is oh so nice to get a break.  And that break was Mother's Day for me.  Ryder has taken over Kai's cold and baby & cold are like water & oil - they just don't mix.  2 nights ago, I was up every hour: as I entered my bedroom at midnight to go to sleep, Ryder woke up.  I had to go in to his room and soothe him.  This happened again at 2:30, 3:35, 4:20, 5:15 & 6:30 at which point I just stayed up.  Sigh... It's a shame I don't drink coffee, as it would have been great that morning.  Luckily he is starting to feel better now, but Mother's Day, and all that came with it, was a very welcome distraction.

For me, Mother's Day actually started the day before.  In the morning, we dropped the kids off at the godparents' house.  Kai was incredibly excited to go over there and on the way over could not stop talking about "Nini", "Mak" & "Maisy".  It is just so darn cute to see him get so excited about visiting them.  Clara was going to watch the bebe's, while the adults went out to take a work out class with Michael's personal trainer.  I am going out on a limb here, but oh, it was good to get my butt kicked for that hour.  I almost felt the pounds falling off my lovely hips.  The workout was so good that afterwards we went for sushi - yummmyyy!  Hey, we were told to up our protein intake that day, so sushi sounded like it fell right in line with that advice.  That night, a friend of David's came over to bring us dinner.  She had offered that right after Ryder was born, but it had never happened, so Mother's Day weekend was the weekend and we had a lovely dinner, without having to do anything for it.

Then...Mother's Day arrived!  Maybe the best part of the day was the sleeping in.  11:00am people!!!  I do NOT remember the last time i slept until 11, but it sure reminded me that I would love to do this more often.  Oh my goodness, it was pure heaven to lightly wake up and just turn over, knowing the kids were okay and I could just stay in bed.  Sigh...as I said: heaven.  Breakfast in bed followed.  Another treat!  My day was off to a fabulous start.  With breakfast came 3 cards - one from each of my boys AND 3 gift certificates to the massage place that lately has become David and my favorite: Foot Inspiration.  One of those certificates was going to be redeemed that afternoon as David had booked me a 2pm massage.  Did I say 'heaven'?

The rest of the day was spent in more relaxation: not doing anything, hanging with my boyz and making dinner with David.  There is something so enjoyable about cooking with my hubby and sipping a cocktail while the kiddo's are entertained by one of the Pixar movies.  Lovely.  The day came to an end with putting the boys to bed and spending the eve with David, curled up on the sofa watching some TV.  A nice and relaxing ending to a perfectly relaxing Mother's Day.

signature2

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails