Pages

home about contact

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

25 Day Challenge - Day 22

It may sound arrogant, but I'm stuck on today's challenge (well, kinda): the challenge for today is to take 10 minutes to reflect on any mistakes made over the week and to ask myself: What did I learn?  What will I do differently and better as a result of what I know?

Provided it's only Hump Day and there are still several days ahead of me this week, I have a hard time coming up with any mistakes made this week.  Having said that though, the 'think' part of the challenge is something that is worth looking at:

"I am able to learn something useful from every situation."
With Kai sick yesterday and with the semi-finals of the World Cup Soccer, I felt as if the day passed by without me noticing.  At the end of the day I was still wearing my lounge pants, hadn't brushed my teeth yet and hadn't even combed my hair.  I felt like an absolute slob who hadn't gotten anything done.

I shared my frustration with David over dinner and he reminded me that sometimes it's okay to have a day like that.  Afterall, the Netherlands had won the semi-finals and with that placed itself in the Finals for Sunday.  I did get my laundry folded:




But most importantly, I cared for my sick toddler who really needed a dose of mommy-love.  He was so right and that, my friends, is one of the biggest lessons I learned over the past few days: sometimes it's okay to cuddle up with your baby and watch movies the entire day (although I am soooo trough with Thomas, Finding Nemo and Cars).  Sometimes that's the best thing you can do for a day.  The bottom line: every situation provides us with an opportunity to learn.  It's not easy to always remember, but worth the try.

Tomorrow's challenge:

Abundance
Abundance is to see that there are endless possibilities before us.  And at the same time, still see an incredibly rich existence right where we are.  It is a feeling of gratitude for everything and everyone we have in our life.

Click here for the 'pause - think - act' elements of the challenge
.
signature2

1 comment:

Mommy Grits said...

Ahhh, I actually like those kinds of days where just holding and hugging my babies takes precedent over daily chores or even brushing my teeth!
I see your sidebars are all worked out! They look great! I didn't reply yesterday bc it was my daughter's birthday and it was a bit emotional...
Your blog is looking great!

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails