Pages

home about contact

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hallelujah!!

I have no idea of this was the result of yesterday afternoon's low, or what, but Ryder not only slept through the night for the first time (without any interruptions), but he also slept for nearly 13 hours!!!  HAAAAALLELUJAHHHHHH!!!!!!


At 5am I woke up, terrified, since I hadn't heard him at all.  I don't even want to think about all the things that went through my mind, much less write them down, but use your imagination.  Thank heavens for the video monitor I have.  With one click on the button, I could see that he had (of course) flipped himself on his tummy and that his breathing was moving his torso up and down in a calm and peaceful manner.  Phew.  What a relief.  I turned over and fell back into a sleep that was deeper than any sleep I have had in the past year.  Absolutely heavenly.


Now I am left wondering: was this a coincidence, a mere consequence of having worn himself out yesterday afternoon, or...could it possibly be the result of the cautious sleep training that we started on Wednesday?  I don't know, but I hope to find out soon.  If anything, it was a beautiful early-birthday gift.  Yes, I will be turning a year older on Wednesday, but I will still very much be the thirty-something mom that I am now.




signature2

3 comments:

The Planet Pink said...

Yay for sleeping all night! Even if it was just for one night! Hubby's birthday is Wed. as well. Hope it's a good one!

Tracy said...

13 hours - I cannot even imagine. My little one is 10 months old and I am lucky to get 4. ugh.

Minky said...

How lovely! The Boss has only ever made it 11 hours. And that was oh, about 6 weeks ago. I'm exhausted! Happy Early Birthday to YOU!

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails