Pages

home about contact

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Boys' Conspiracy

I am convinced: my boys have bonded and were conspiring against me this afternoon.  David booked a shoot to take stills on set of an indie movie, so he is gone from 9-9 and I am playing 'single mommy'.  (Which, by the way is fine, given that Dave is working - it's been quiet).

After a good night (a few wakings due to Ryder getting stuck on the tummy), we spent the morning playing outside and going for a stroll through the neighborhood.  By the way, I've been wondering how long it took Kai before he was able to roll back onto his back without me having to come to the rescue and for the life of me, I do not remember.  But then, I don't remember much these days unless I write it down.  After 2 pregnancies there aren't many functioning cells left over in my brain.  The boys took them all.  Oh well, at least the thought that they will be smart is comforting.  Back to story.  Where was I?  Oh yeah.  Anyone out there who can tell me how long it usually take for kids to learn to roll back onto their backs?  Like Kai, Ryder is a big boy.  27" and 18 lbs. 10 oz. at his 4-month check up.  That means, 18 lbs. 10 oz. for him to push up and roll back with, so it may take him a bit longer, but really, I hope he gets it soon.  For mommy's sanity.

So. A good morning it was, until Kai decided to boycott lunch.  He wasn't having it.  Oh, that's a battle that he won't win.  Simple solution: "if you're not hungry, that's fine.  I'll hold your milk and put it back into the fridge for tonight."  All of a sudden we were hungry and ate our lunch.  Coincidence?  Don't think so.

And so, naptime arrives: Kai goes down fine (or so I think), Ryder is now on the boycott route.  Not having it, while exhausted and yawning.  I didn't have any bribing material for him, so it took an hour.  He's out now.  Just as I sat down to start writing: Kai starts screaming.  Mommy has to lay down with him.  Mommy does.  Kai starts to wrestle.  Mommy leaves.  2 minutes later: screaming.  You'd think the kid chopped a limb off or something.  I rush in, he's standing there, in the middle of the room: pointing at his diaper, which he had pulled loose.  Yeah, I agree, that is indeed the end of the world and absolutely justifies screaming your head off.

Things are quiet now and oh, how blissful my house is right now.  I am about to take my laptop outside and soak up some Vit. S(un).  Sigh...

signature2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just going through your posts...my daughter rolled over between 4-5 months so your close.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails