Pages

home about contact

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Overwhelm...


Personally, I would like to think that I've got it 'pretty okay together', but it's days like these that throw that conviction right out the window.  What happened to the 'old' me, who didn't get shaken up too easily, who was pretty resistant to a lot of things happening at the same time and who was able to turn her ever-so-fast-zapping brain off to avoid losing it?  I don't know if it was the 2 pregnancies, the fact that I am getting older, or the fact that things have 'just' changed, but that woman was far removed from the one who just made it to the end of the day here.

Maybe I have too much going on...  Really?  No, my life really isn't that crazy compared to others, is it?

Putting things on paper has always helped me, so here we go:

1. I started this crappy diet on Monday, which means no processed sugar or chocolate.  I remember now from previous times I have done this, but it makes for a irritable and snarky me.  I am hungry the entire day (no matter how much I eat).  This regimen doesn't sound like it is a good thing, does it?  Oh but wait, it's proven in the past to let the pounds fly off me.  I'm just not feeling any lighter (yet).  It'd better happen soon, or else I am gonna bake up a storm real fast.

2. I am working on turning the dead and barren space in front of my front door into a vegetable, herb and flower garden.  Mind you I am NOT a gardener.  I have a hard time keeping plants alive, so this is a REAL challenge!!!  To get an idea, here is the before.  Stay tuned for updates.

072810-yard3 072810-yard2 072810-yard1

3. I have so many things in my mind that I want to blog about...Can't even think straight at the moment, but I think I would need a solid week to develop them all.

4. I love watching the Food Network.  A while back I came up with a great idea for a show.  Tried to get it pitched, but never was able to reach the right people given the fact that I lack an agent or a lawyer.  So, last night, it took me longer than the usual 2 minutes to fall asleep and guess what...I came up with another solid idea.  Then I started thinking about how to get it in front of the right people, so sleep didn't happen and then Ryder woke up at 2am...

5. And here's the big thing: potty training.... Kai is hot and cold with showing interest.  When chocolate is involved (wonder where he got that from), he'll tell me when he did a poopoo, but getting him to get anywhere near either his potty or our toilet, forget it.  I think if I would want him to tell me before he does a poopoo (or a peepee for that matter) it would involve bags of chocolate instead of the 1 piece.  If not, it ain't gonna happen. 
I am so sick of the diaper changes, though.  Every single one of them (except when he's asleep) is a battle.  The kid drinks so much (about 5-6 large sippy cups/day) that I have to change his diaper about an hour after he wakes up, in the middle of the night, and every hour-and-a-half-or-so in between.  I am done with that.  However, I have no clue whatsoever how to go about the training.  There are so many approaches out there, I don't know which one's best (for him and/or for me), it truly feels like I'd be shooting around in the dark.  Especially since I am not able to get much direction from him as to what he prefers (other than being in diapers until he's in college). 
The thought of tackling this one is overwhelming to say the least.  I want to make it fun for him, but because I feel like I am without a sense of direction, I'm afraid that my tension is going to translate into how I'll be handling this process.  Everyone always talks about whether "the child is ready".  What about mom?  Huh?  Maybe I'm the one who isn't ready yet.  Oh, I just don't know...

6. And last but not least, I have been given 2 awards by 2 beautiful bloggers: from TV at TV's Take I received the Blogger Buddy Award.  Thank you so much my blogger buddy!!  Another Thanks goes out to Sofia at Sofia's World for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you both for your recognition and appreciation.

Following the rules, I now have to share 7 things about myself:
* My favorite cocktail is a Lychee Martini (recipe on Recipe Page)
* My favorite food would have to be the Indonesian rice table my mom used to make when I was a kid (no, we're not Indonesian, but nevertheless, she made a killer-rice table)
* I have no clue as to how to fold a fitted sheet.
* I'm getting seriously addicted to blogging.
* My favorite sweet (quick) indulgence is Ghirardelli milk chocolate squares, filled with caramel.
* My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk
* Whenever I have a chance to sleep in, I always am wide awake and ready to start the day around 7am.  Ugh, I hate when that happens.

Looking at these things, it is blatantly obvious that the whole 'no sugar' thing is killin' me.  4 out of 7 are food related....it's my subconscious, I swear!!

Now, let me pass on these awards to some new and old blogger friends:



Diapers and Wine
Mommy Merritt
Random Ramblings of a SAHM
Mommycrat

Well, that's it for today.  I am off to kick my feet up and eat chocolate drink water and gnaw on a carrot.  Oh joy.

signature2

10 comments:

Emily - faliLV said...

Aww! Thank you mama!
Hang in there! You are a strong woman, and you will make it through all of this, and hopefully come out on the otherside laughing!!
As far as folding fitted sheets - I just learned yesterday from Sue here
http://www.thehomeschoolchick.com/2010/07/laundry-hater-no-more-puffy-wads.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HomeschoolChick+%28Homeschool+Chick%29

Thank you for passing on the award - it is my first!! And I am so jealous of your possible garden. No gardens here - too hot, no good soil..

Unknown said...

Aww bless you thank you so much!! I am so hopeless at accepting awards, but I promise I will try my bestest to do it ASAP.

And- maybe to make you feel a bit better- I am positively jealous of your little garden. You have grass. We do not. Our entire yard is concrete. Ya know what they say, grass is always greener...? ;)

Farah Jasmine said...

Awwwww thank you!! This is my first blogging award <3.

Take a deep breath. Being a mom is insanity and it's easy to be overwhelmed.

It's 4am and I'm up feeding the baby. I'll be back tomorrow! Xoxo

Louise said...

Thank you so much! I've been feeling a bit rushed in the going back to work and also trying to keep up the blogging thing (basically, I'm now getting up a bit earlier to do some before work as I can't do it at work) - so this makes me feel so good.

I wasn't aware there was any method to folding fitted sheets - but then, I'm not too precise about things like that.

As for gardening - I've been relatively successful with veggies. I've been doing it for four years now - and, again, I'm not too precise or talented at things like that so it can't be that hard. I just have to remember to get them in early enough in the year up here, use the right fertilizer when I do, space 'em out enough, and then remember to water and weed. This year our herbs and beans didn't really work, but our cucumbers are doing awesome. Verdict still out on our tomatos - though it would be our first bad year there if they don't come in.

Good luck!

Michelle said...

I am with you on the potty training hell. I have been dealing with 2 in diapers for nearly 16 months. Liam drinks so much that he frequently pees through his diaper and I have to chane his pants. He doesn't accept food bribes and doesn't respond to societal pressure. At this point, I think I might just wait until Ben is ready and potty train them together. ;-)

Beth Reed said...

Dangit, you already got one! lol. I have also awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award (see how you just rock!) - you can see details here: http://createyourtraditions.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-received-versatile-blogger-award.html. :)

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Thanks so much! I don't envy moms that are still in the potty training phase. I thought that was going to be the thing that broke me. The good news is that it didn't and eventually they all go where they're supposed to. Little consolation in the midst of the trenches, but it's something. Keep at it!

Mama Hen said...

Congratulations on your awards! Hang in there! we all have days where we feel rather overwhelmed! You are not alone. I hope that gives you a bit of comfort. Potty training will come together before you know it. The garden sounds like a great idea and it looks like the perfect place. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Unknown said...

Who said chocolate was bad for you?!?! Hang in there, you know this thing is a one day at a time experience. Now go have a martini (which sound delish by the way)

*~Petra~* said...

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for the award. :) So I am totally trying the crappy diet thing too... with exercise. (I just bought Zumba.) Hang in there. It gets easier after a few days. And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Food Network! I watch it any spare minutes I have... of course, THAT doesn't help me with the diet thing because I want to eat every thing on the television. ;)

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails