Pages

home about contact

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wahoo!! My 2nd Blog Award!

What a wonderful way to start the day:  not only did the kids let me sleep until 7:15, but then, while I was sitting on the sofa with Kai on my lap who was ferociously downing his milk and watching Sesame Street, I managed to check my blog and discovered that Mommycrat had given me the following award:


This is the 2nd award I have won since I started blogging in May.  How awesome!  It is so gratifying to know that people not only read my blog, but also enjoy it.  That really made my day.  Check out Mommycrat's blog - great writing, great perspective. 


So, now that I too understand better the rules of blogger awards, let me first pass this award on to 5 blogs that I recently discovered and have come to love and then share 7 things about myself.

Some of the new blogs that I have discovered and am really enjoying:

Adventures of WannaBe SupahMommy - the blog that makes me laugh every day.  I like people who speak their mind.

Be Still a Minute - A great blog, combining humor with things that make me think.

Land of Mama Grits - Inspiring and funny.  Thanks for making me smile!

The Dave Ramsey Road - This blog contains great $-saving tips.

The Girl Next Door Grows Up - Another one that makes me chuckle.  With all the stress these days, I really enjoy a good laugh!


Now, here are 7 things about me:


1. I used to play tennis professionally as a teenager, until I was diagnosed with a back injury and was told I had to quit when I was 21.


2. I recently discovered that I love writing and would love to do more with it, though I don't know quite yet what that would be.


3. When both kids are in school, I want to start my own business.  What that is?  I don't know that one yet either, but I still have about 5 years to figure that out.  Maybe it'll involve writing?


4. I am originally from The Netherlands, but have lived in the US since 1999.


5. I have a Masters degree in Integrated Marketing Communication from Emerson College, Boston.


6. I speak 7 languages: Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and 'Kai'.


7. In my mind, chocolate should never be omitted out of any diet.  It has anti-oxidants and makes one happy.  It simply cannot be bad for you.


signature2

4 comments:

Mommy Grits said...

Thank you so much! I agree with you on the chocolate!

Diane said...

Thank You!!! I'm right there with ya on the chocolate too and I am impressed about the 7 languages thing. Wow! I took French in high school and Spanish in collge and found myself mixing up those two. I'd never keep 7 straight!

Louise said...

I should get some tennis tips from you - I just took beginner tennis lessons this summer so I'd be able to play socially with my husband. It's still a work in progress.. ;)

HRH Mommy said...

Mommycrat - if you only lived a bit closer, I'd say 'let's get together'. I coached a bit as well, so I'd have been more than happy to help out :-)

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails